Get Connected with Smart Appliances
19 June 2018
A variety of Smart appliances can now be controlled, monitored and diagnosed using your mobile device. We can advise you on the right appliance for you, whether it’s to keep an eye on appliances at a holiday home, survey the contents of the fridge when you’re planning supper, or check that you turned the dishwasher on.
What do I need?
- A Smart Appliance
- A mobile device (phone or tablet)
To set up the service you will need to download an app to your mobile device (Apple or Android) and connect it to your appliance via your home Wi-Fi.
Which appliances are we talking about? A number of manufacturers feature Smart appliances within their ranges of ovens, fridge-freezers, washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers and coffee machines. Look out for Bosch and Siemens HomeConnect, Samsung SmartControl, Liebherr Net@Home and LG SmartDiagnosis.
What are the benefits?
- Turn your oven on remotely
- Turn appliances off in an emergency
- Monitor the progress of your washing or cooking
- Check the contents of your fridge while shopping
- Receive alerts if your fridge door is open, or your dishwasher rinse aid is low
- Receive recipes with oven programme settings
- Tips and advice
- Remote diagnostics gets appliances up and running again quickly